August 18, 2008

Goin' Solo

It's official. Today is my first day of self-employment! I decided to break away from the stable work environment to focus more on being a painter and to take on freelance design work as needed. I'm very excited to do my own thing and ready to spend time becoming the artist I'd like to be. Expect more frequent art updates from now on.

Starting now:


A quick lunchtime doodle of my former coworker, Devi, on her last day of work. I almost got the likeness right. The moustache was her request. :)

11 comments:

David de Rooij said...

Hey Drake!

Nice to see that you are self-employed!

I really like your painting skills, maybe we can work together some day, on an animation project. If I was looking for a background artist I would definately pick you! ( besides Bill Wray and Scott Wills of course :P)

Keep it up!

Adele K. Thomas said...

good luck man! I think we all eventually want to break free for a little while out of the ratrace and do our own stuff. So I wish you the best and look forward to more tasty treats.

Andy said...

Banzai my friend!

Michelle Hilden said...

Lookinf forward to more frequent updates. and good luck with the self employment!

twozdai said...

Congrats and good luck. Can't wait to see the rock star artist you want to be, come to be! :)

Hey, let me know when you have show's.

PJS said...

good move, you won't regret it! I did the same thing - well, I was gonna leave but work in the fall, but the place just shut down.

You could also look into selling paintings on Etsy or something.

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Thanks for the support, y'all! It means a lot. And David, sounds good to me! Thanks!

Joe Crawford said...

Hey, best of luck in your new endeavors!!!

Dave Carleson said...

Wow! Nicely done.
Do you have an agent, or going to self promote?

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Thanks, Joe and Dave! No agent plans at the moment, just gonna whore myself around awhile.

Kinoko said...

ah...Devi....she's sooooo rad!!!
meow meow