August 26, 2007

Flight of the Ninja

My good buddy I-Miun just had a birthday, so on a whim I decided to do a little painting for him very last minute. 4 x 6 inches cel-vinyl acrylic on thick Canson watercolor paper.

Click for larger. Used a combination of frisket and multi-step streak-brushing for the effect. My scanner had a hard time with the reds. The actual piece looks a little better.

This beautiful painting by Bill Wray was the inpiration, though my result was a bit different.

With the birthday boy.

9 comments:

Andy said...

That's a pretty sweet painting dude! You should paint more.

Lotsa work to do gotta go.

artlung said...

THAT IS AWESOME! I MEAN IT SO MUCH ALLCAPS ARE NECESSARY!

But seriously, very nice work.

pumml said...

Thanks very much Andy and Joe. Had a lot of fun painting it. Will be doing some more paintings from now on.

Alina Chau said...

WOW!! These painting ROCK!!

danish ice said...

Very nice painting, my birthday is the 1 of october, wink wink

Willi Lopes said...

I very like your draws dude!

congratulations

pumml said...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Pretty cute!

Samuel Silva said...

Lovely sceneries.
I wait to see news postagens in his blog.
Congratulations!!!