June 18, 2007

Samurai Jack Backgrounds Pt 5

I was going to post some of my recent stuff, but I've been busy working on the home office lately. So instead, here's another round of backgrounds from Samurai Jack, by Scott Wills and Dan Krall. These are from episodes 9 (Jack Under the Sea) and 11 (Jack and the Scotsman). Man, I wish someone would compile all the great backgrounds from this show into a big coffee table book. Or pay me and I'll do it!

Copyright Cartoon Network and Genndy Tartakovsky.
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Drake-
I don't know if you remember me but we met at Ian's 33 1/3. I made the stiff manhattans. Anyway, obviously Ian turned me onto your blog and I'm sorry to say I'm disappointed not to see your own work. I guess I have to research your past blogs. Anyway, I can see why you like those backgrounds, very tasty illustrations. if you are interested in my work visit www.martinezluna.com
check ya later!

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Hey Chris! Yep, I remember you. Thanks for the comment! Don't be disappointed, just click that "Older Posts" button at the bottom, and you'll be whisked away to some of my things. I'll be posting new stuff soon too.

I checked your site, btw. Nice illustrations! You've got great colors and textures in your portraits.

Chris Battle said...

"Man, I wish someone would compile all the great backgrounds from this show into a big coffee table book."

So do I and the rest of the crew! From your blog to CN's ears....

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

No joke! Who do we send a petition to? In reality there should probably be 2 books. An "Art of" one with all the concept work, character designs, a few backgrounds, etc., and one with just cover to cover backgrounds (including the design concepts)!